My friend Lizz had a spa day at her place yesterday. It was a perfect event for this whole wheat carrot muffin recipe I found through a cool site my friend Pete recommended called, Gojee. You type in an ingredient you want to use and they show curated recipes personalized to what you have on hand. You have to sign in to use it, but it’s worth it. Their algorithms are set to get to know you and what you tend to have in your kitchen and they make recommendations that are truly relevant to you. I had just enough carrots from this week’s share to make a whole batch. I hope I get more carrots next week!
Whole Wheat Carrot Muffins <CLICK
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled a bit, plus more for greasing tin
- 2 cups (7 ounces) finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 liquid cup honey
- 1 cup (5 ounces) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Note: After making the muffins and noticing that mine looked a LOT different from the ones in the demo photo, I looked the recipe over again and realized I had coarsely ground my carrots, instead of finely. And I screwed up by only adding 1/4 cup honey instead of 3/4 cup.